Compiler related PlusTools and ToolBuilder Questions

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Nov 5 17:03:57 UTC 2005

stéphane ducasse wrote:
> parse: sourceStream class: class category: aCategory noPattern:
> noPattern context: ctxt notifying: req ifFail: aBlock
> is trivial and I simplified it (no duplicated code anymore) just a  call
> to parse: sourceStream class: class noPattern: noPattern  context: ctxt
> notifying: req ifFail: aBlock
>
> I restored parse: sourceStream class: class noPattern: noPattern
> context: ctxt notifying: req ifFail: aBlock
> as the code seems to have been cleaned by marcus.

That sounds reasonable.

> I put back
>
> Parser>>interactive
>
>     ^ (requestor == nil or: [requestor isKindOf: SyntaxError]) not
>

> Compiler>>interactive
>
>     ^ (requestor == nil or: [requestor isKindOf: SyntaxError]) not
>
> since without them I could not load code because MC was in  interactive
> mode and I got the error I mentioned in the other thread.

This needs to be fixed at some point but I believe it's important that
all the other changes are applied *first*. Perhaps this should be
delayed to a later update/configuration.

> basicCompile: text asString notifying: requestor trailer: self
> defaultMethodTrailer ifFail: [^nil] disappeared from the image?
> Was it on purpose?

Yes. Because compilation needs to pass along the category as well, so it
has been replaced by #compile:classified:notifying:trailer:ifFail: which
has the category as an extra argument.

Cheers,
   - Andreas