Three more squeak videos on video.google.com

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Sat Nov 5 22:13:00 UTC 2005

Marcus Denker wrote on Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:50:15 -0300
> Video showing Smalltalk 80.
> Object Oriented, Programming
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4365247885921962429

I finally got around to updating http://www.smalltalk.org.br/movies/
with these new links. Thanks for making them available, Marcus! I wanted
to include the name of the TV show from which this was extracted and the
date but was unable to find this information on the web. I assume this
is the same video Roel Wuyts mentioned here:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-August/08123
0.html

Since he never did get a reply that didn't help me very much.

A funny thing about this video is that when they are showing the mouse
in action you can see a keyboard beside it that is clearly from an Apple
II. That reminded me of the Smalltalk that was developed for the Apple
II (called Smalltalk PC) but which was never released. The screenshots
in the video are from a Xerox machine, I would guess. Another guess is
that from what I can see in the video it was made around 1982 or 1983.

-- Jecel