Living on the edge (was Re: [ANN] 3.9a from 6696 -> 6702)

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Nov 6 14:24:09 UTC 2005

stéphane ducasse puso en su mail :

> I do not know. Can you give their names?
> Because normally only packages in mcz format should be donwloaded in
> the package cache.
>
> Stef
 FileDirectory default fileNamesMatching: '*.st'. an
OrderedCollection('CodeHolder-addOptionalButtonsToatplus.st'
'CodeHolder-optionalButtonPairs.st' 'CompiledMethod-methodClass.st'
'CompiledMethod-methodReference.st' 'Number.st'
'Object-doesNotUnderstand.st' 'StringHolder-browseClassVariables.st'
'StringHolder-browseVersions.st' 'StringHolder-makeIsolatedCodePane.st'
'StringHolder-offerDurableMenuFromshifted.st' 'StringHolder-openLabel.st'
'StringHolder-openSyntaxView.st' 'StringHolder-printOutMessage.st'
'StringHolder-reformulateListNoting.st' 'StringHolder-showBytecodes.st'
'StringHolder.st' 'TextMorphEditor.st')

I have a separate directory for this, what I start a few days ago.
The steps what I do:
1) dowload http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9/Squeak3.9a-6693.zip
2) update to 6696 ( I send report to list), save as 6696.image
3) update from 2) to 6703, save as 6703.image.

Could do digging on .changes if you think some valuable info could be found
here.

>From dates of creation, the .st seems generated in 1) to 2) step.

Hope this help.

Edgar