[ANN] Keything new version

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 19:51:05 UTC 2005

On 11/9/05, Bert Freudenberg <bert at impara.de> wrote:
> Well, given that I doubt this is in widespread use already - how
> sensible is it to support two versions of the keything file? I'd
> rather keep it as simple as possible, which is a good thumb rule for
> security analysis anyway.

Have you evaluated the code? It only sends the read method of the v1
format. I thought it nice to convert on-the-fly.

> Also, it's not really extensible - suppose I wanted to store the
> passwords using my OS's password vault instead, how would I do that?

Don't use Keything but your OS vault :). I'd be happy to find some
sort of common API between OS-level vaults and all the Squeak vaults
that seem to be springing up lately so people can use whatever they
want (and I can see whether my Java Ring still works ;P)