My first morph

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Wed Nov 9 22:11:18 UTC 2005

Am 09.11.2005 um 21:52 schrieb Simon Michael:

> Most HTML mail should come with a plain text alternative part;

That's not the point, of course nowadays virtually everyone,
including me, can read the HTML mails. However, forcing your choice
of fonts and sizes onto me (which HTML allows you to do,
unfortunately) is not nice. I don't like having to manually increase
the point size to make out what you wrote.

> if the the list policy is no HTML, I hope it's configured to use
> the plain text alternative automically.

It's useful in certain rare cases to be able to sent and have people
receive an HTML email. Thus we do not strip HTML generally. However,
it's considered polite to send plain text mails. This is a
developer's mailing list, every subscriber should be able to
configure the mail client to send plain text.

- Bert -