modification of ContextPart?

Alexandre Bergel bergel at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Nov 13 09:12:06 UTC 2005

Hi Michael!

The pseudo thisContext does a stack reification. I do not understand
why you want to add a new variable in MethodContext. I understood
that you wanted to avoid to use thisContext because it is time
consuming.

On an earlier version of classboxes, I stored in the current process
some information. It is easy to extend the class Process.

One way to optimize the implementation of a cflow pointcut, is to
manipulate a global state that reflect the execution flow. As a
result, you do not inspect the stack anymore (i.e., no thisContext
involved). For instance, if you want to find the pattern "foo called
by bar", you can modify bar to do something like: globalState := 1,
and foo to do: globalState := globalState + 10. Then, if globalState
= 11, then you catch it.

We could also talk about that on Wednesday, in Darmstadt :-)

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~bergel