Random and unsolicited feedback on 3.9a

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Nov 16 17:11:28 UTC 2005

On 16.11.2005, at 13:15, Bill Schwab wrote:

> With tongue only partly in cheek, how about this one:
>

> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2002-October/
> 045216.html
>
> I will admit that removing the entanglement of _ with assignment is
> preferable, but having the ability to include _ anywhere but the first
> character of a selector is a huge down payment.  Why is this not in
> the
> mainstream image?

The reason is simple: Almost everything was ignored that was sent
to the squeak list for a couple of years around 2002.

Maybe ignored is not the right word, as this would need somebody
that would ignore. Not even that existed, there was just nothing
happening at all. We had times when people sent five identical
fixed for bugs that had already been reported 20 times.

I hope that the situation now is better for most, even if I feel a
bit that some people would love to go back to the good old times
of 2002 ;-)

      Marcus