Archive creation for newbies

Eric Scharff eds_2 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 23:20:58 UTC 2005

Putting the images into methods is intriguing for my small
images.  That way the images would even be managed by Monticello
version control.  There are already 48K worth of images (when
represented as method source) in my application, and there are
likely to be more.

The problem with this scheme is that for extremely large images
(background images, for example), this scheme would not work
because the resulting uncompressed images (which is returned by
Form>>storeOn:) are immense.  I could base64 the large jpgs,
perhaps, but that wouldn't be efficient either.

Is there an example of using SAR for this?  Or is SAR not the
preferred method of doing it?

-Eric