Squeakmap move/upgrade

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Nov 25 23:53:46 UTC 2005

Hi people!

Cees De Groot <cdegroot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Goran is upgrading and moving SqueakMap from box1 to box2. So please
> expect some outages, made up for by a better, faster, whiter-washing
> SqueakMap.

Hehe, well - it has been successfully upgraded and moved. The new URL
is:

	http://map.squeak.org

...and we will probably point map1.squeakfoundation.org to the same box
so that old URLs will still work. Ken? Cees? Pretty please? :)

The improvements was described in my earlier posting the other day.

Note: The server side cache has not been prepopulated yet. I will fix
that soon.

Note 2: Monticello is not being served properly at the moment - so the
hickup during the upgrade is probably due to that. And yes, in the
future *that* issue will be moot. :) We now have both a server side
cache AND a SHA checksum mechanism.

Ok, I am dead tired now, off to bed.

regards, Göran