Help getting started porting to eInk prototyping platform

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Nov 26 16:56:01 UTC 2005

On 26-Nov-05, at 2:51 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 25.11.2005 um 23:44 schrieb Bob Courchaine:
>
>> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>> Regarding endianness: BitBlt now deals fine with LSB forms, I
>>> thought.
>>> Works fine for 8 bpp at least, not sure about 2, though ...
>>
>> Looks like it's been there since 2001, Bert.
>
> It's been that long already? Rats, I'm getting old ... To my
> defense I could say that 4 years is still rather recent compared to
> the 30 years BitBlt has been around in Smalltalk ;-)
>
> At least any VM in use now should have little-endian BitBlt support.
>
> But it still is a lesser know feature - if even Tim didn't know or
> remember, who would? ;-)

I spent quite a while trying to make use of the supposed littleendian
support mentioned and it simply didn't function correctly for my RISC
OS vm so I forgot about it.

To be honest, with the only interesting bigendian machines being the
PPC Macs - and they're on the way out - it would make more sense to
just make Squeak do littleendian  pervasively.

tim