Squeak Map setup

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Nov 28 06:30:42 UTC 2005

Hi guys!

Just wanted to mention the current state of the server side cache:

- It isn't prepopulated yet. I intend to do that tonight. I will then
send email to those release owners that have faulty URLs (there are
about 10.

- The checksum calculation (when it is triggered) and how it is used
could need some adjustments. For example, a button to refresh the
checksum could be nice. Today it is only triggered when changing the URL
or adding a new release IIRC. So if you upload a file to SM, add a
release (checksum calculated) and then re-upload the same file - then it
will be wrong. And I admit I don't recall just now what the client says
today if the checksum fails.

And right - about an MCRepository subclass - I would really want such a
construct to operate on top of the local SM domain objects because from
now on I intend to start working on the new "infrastructure" of SM (a
distributed model).

regards, Göran