SM server cache preloaded etc

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Nov 29 07:21:11 UTC 2005

Hi people!

Ok, managed to get the SM server cache preloaded yesterday. The whole of
SM (all releases of all packages) ended up as 54Mb zipped. :)

This means hopefully that server outages for the original URLs will not
be a problem anymore. Or people accidentally "removing" published files.
Transcript will show if SM ends up falling back on the server cache.

For this "boot strap" I simply assumed that the files accessible that I
managed to download *are correct* so I used their checksums.

During this I also produced a list of releases that currently fail
download - I will post my findings later and CC the people involved.

And right, I also repaired the URLs for the uploaded files that are
hosted on the SM server itself - they now begin with
"http://map.squeak.org/" instead of "http://map1.squeakfoundation.org".

regards, Göran