Keymapping discussion

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Oct 1 20:31:40 UTC 2005

Am 01.10.2005 um 22:10 schrieb stéphane ducasse:

> On 1 oct. 05, at 21:33, David Shaffer wrote:
>

>> <m-g> -> #findAgain:
>>
>                     replace is missing ;)

I think I remember that there is replace in Squeak somewhere... but
hidden, like it should
be in a system that is only supposed to be usable for the
enlightend. ;-)

Here's an explanation from 1999:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/1999-September/
017515.html

  The functionality is already there; it's just not obvious.  To
perform a
  "find and replace", you first do a find (cmd-f), then type in the
  replacement over the selection.  You can then do a (cmd-j) to find and
  replace the next occurance, or (ctrl-j) to find and replace all
  remaining occurances.

Of course, we may rethink the decicion to do it differently than
anyone else...

   Marcus