About Services-Base

Romain Robbes romain.robbes at lu.unisi.ch
Sun Oct 2 17:06:55 UTC 2005

On Oct 2, 2005, at 6:48 PM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> hi romain
>
> I got a look at Services-base since I wanted to include it in 3.9a
> following our map.

I have not yet done a release of Services-Base which is as recent as
Services-All,
so this package is a bit older.

> - why do you have the menu bar in base?

This one have been removed

> BlockContext>>browseDefiningMethod
>     "shows a method pane allowing to edit the method defining a block"
>     | who m |
>     who := self home who.
>     m := MethodHolder isolatedCodePaneForClass:  who first
>                             selector: who second.
>     m useSquareCorners.
>     m openInWorld
>
>     why do not put that in systemNavigator

this have been removed too

>     why do you force squareCorners especially since the style use
> rounded one this will be a visual bug.

Ok, I will have a look if I do that in other places in the code

> Could you put translated for the string messages?

yes, I will

> Can we avoid the overrides? since services are a basic infrastructure.

I try to minimize that as much as possible, maybe I will get down to
three. Then I'll ship an .mcd
file of the packages concerned when we will integrate it.

> Else the code looks good.
>
> Getting the popup for the initialize is annoying. Can you fix that?

already done in the latest versions

Romain

--
     Romain Robbes