RSS Reader in 10 lines of code

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Mon Oct 3 19:41:20 UTC 2005

Am 02.10.2005 um 18:21 schrieb Giovanni Corriga:

> So if you have any snippets of code that you'd like to share with the
> other squeaker, please send them to me for publication.

If you have Yaxo installed, try this:

UIManager default
     edit: (Text streamContents: [:stream |
         (XMLDOMParser parseDocumentFrom: (HTTPClient httpGet:
'source.squeakfoundation.org/feed.rss'))
             tagsNamed: #item do: [:item |
                 #(title bold author italic pubDate normal
description normal) pairsDo: [:tag :attr |
                     stream withAttribute: (TextEmphasis perform:
attr) do: [
                         item tagsNamed: tag do: [:element |
                             stream nextPutAll: element
contentString; space]].