The future ( was: Re: What do we call the supertype of Class and Trait?)

Michael Rueger michael at impara.de
Tue Oct 4 21:25:06 UTC 2005

jwalsh at bigpond.net.au wrote:
> This may sound rediculous to you Stephane, but it is called Thought.

Well, now, this opens a really big can of worms ;-)

> It is actually a subclass of Behavior. (minor design flaw).

A really, really big can of worms...

> It is not in Smalltalk because it was designed for very small children.

I think you underestimate (small) children...
One of the most, both humbling and enlightening moments was realizing
what the project by two girls actually meant:
http://www.squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://www.squeakland.org/fun_projects/KimsTour/Chyan&Janae.004.pr

They came up with a fully parallel solution that every computer
scientist would have shied away from...

Michael