[Newbee] Salutations

Hans N Beck hnbeck at t-online.de
Wed Oct 5 21:07:30 UTC 2005

Hi,

Am 05.10.2005 um 22:16 schrieb stéphane ducasse:

> For the risk aspect of squeak.
> I think that this is important that companies developing software
> in Squeak
> let us mention it on the web site.
>
> I know (because people contacted privately) that certain companies
> do not
> want to say that they develop in squeak serious applications
> (telecom swift, stock exchange programs).
> So the first step is to say on the web site that squeak is serious
> and start a list of companies.

I could imagine because if a company make its decision for squeak
public it may happen that their customers hear it :-))

But without joke and although I'm aware that this is difficult: not
only the decision itself, but the reason why using squeak would be
interesting.   Than it is documented that there are good reasons to
use non MS stuff to make products, and in consequence it would help
to find arguments for others to use squeak.

Regards

Hans