Squeak Plugin for Opera 8

Michael Rueger michael at impara.de
Thu Oct 6 07:16:01 UTC 2005

karl wrote:
> Brad Fuller wrote:
>
>> Blake wrote:

>> Actually, this always was questionable to me.
>> Here's what I'm saying. I already have and use squeak. Why do I need
>> to download an image and a VM again? Can I just download a "plugin" to
>> make it all work with what I have?

The NPSqueak.dll should be downloadable (it isn#t currently linked from
any obvious place) from the same place as the VM. BTW, is the plugin
source part of the VM source tree in SVN?
You can then make use of it by dropping the file into the plugins folder
of your web browser.
But now I'm at a loss on how the plugin finds the squeak VM... Andreas?

The upside of using the installer, besides it putting a VM and image
into the right place, is, that it adds registry settings to associate
squeak project files (.pr) with squeak inside and outside the browser.

> The Squeakland image also have some updates that may have not made it
> into regular Squeak
> and vise versa.

We are trying really hard to keep the two version in sync, but right now
there are actually a few pending updates in squeakland that have not
made it into 3.8 or 3.9.

Michael