(newbee) Squeak servlets?

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Thu Oct 6 22:32:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 14:54:39 -0700, James Robertson <jarober at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Using the VW framework, you can define a servlet endpoint in an html
> page in the same way you would for a Java servlet.

There are lots of ways to do this, yes. Delphi has at least six ways to do
it, I believe.

> What's the difference?  The image fires up a new instance instead of

What's the point in distinguishing between "server" and "servlet"? I would
consider a server to be a standalone application that has a loose or no
connection with a web-server, while a servlet can't exist without one.

If that definition offends you, feel free to not use it.