Changeset question

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 20:14:54 UTC 2005

I built a version of the NetModel application in Squeak 3.7 using
Monticello, used some methods to build a .sar file with the .mcz from
my local repository and then put it on SqueakMap.  This is what you get
if you install the current version of NetModel from SqueakMap.

Later I installed this in a Squeak 3.8 system and then did a lot of
Morphic GUI work building models, but no code changes.  When I finally
decided it was time to do some improvements to the code, I found an odd
situation with the changesets.  First of all, should I care about
changesets anymore?

In a changeSorter in this newer 3.8 image, NetModel shows up twice in
the list of changesets.  No matter which one I click on, the same one
is selected and the list of classes in it is empty.  On the other hand,
if I start from a regular System Browser and go to a method in a class
in the NetModel category, bring up a context menu and select
"changesets with this method", the resulting changeset list has all the
right classes in it ... at least until I click on the changeset name in
the left panel again.

So there is some kind of "ghost" changeset that is the current
changeset as far as the image is concerned, but that has nothing in it.
 Is there some way to get rid of this "ghost" without deleting the real
changeset, or is the real changeset not really there any more?  And
again, do I really care about any of this if I'm using Monticello?

Thanks for any help.