Squeak Plugin for Opera 8

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Fri Oct 7 20:46:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:24:24 -0700, Steffen Märcker <merkste at web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> It's not practical to run XP in non-administrator mode for many tasks.
>> (Perhaps all but the most trivial tasks.)
>>
>> Did you try re-installing it after changing your own account to admin?
>
> excuse me, but running Windows XP as restricted user is essential to
> have secure System - I would never give my normal account administrative
> rights permanently. Good software should address the issue of restricted
> user accounts.

Hey, I'm not disagreeing with the theory, I'm just talking about the de
facto state of Windows applications. I have a restricted account on my
machine, but I can't use it for much. The last thing I need is myserious
OS failures (it isn't always obvious that an app is failing due to account
restrictions).

> But to test it I'll reinstall the plugin as admin.

That's all I'm sayin'.<s>