Demo: bug/wishlist voting system

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Fri Oct 7 22:33:03 UTC 2005

I've considered implementing the good parts of Mantis in Seaside myself
but having actually worked on Mantis itself quite extensively for about
a year, I keep running away from the idea because writing issue trackers
is really not a lot of fun.  Now, it would be a lot *more* fun if it
didn't involve PHP, but still not sure...

That said, I believe in dogfood. :)  But I also believe in stability and
not changing things too much if we have a system that works.  People are
hardly even used to Mantis yet... so changing again?  <shrug>  On the
*third* hand, I'm getting a bit overwhelmed by all the disparate
squeak-development-related services that I need to log into with
different accounts and passwords to do anything these days so starting
to converge some of them would be lovely...

I guess, as it turns out, I really don't have an opinion; just a bunch
of thoughts. :)

Julian