AW: A real forum for Squeak

"Hübner, Uwe" uh at msc-ge.com
Mon Oct 10 14:01:47 UTC 2005

In my view:

Mailing-Lists:

- More hidden from public
- Members are more forced to notice discussions (whether they are interested
or not) [unless they automatically 'filter' into an E-Mail folder]
- A bit more complicated to review postings that are older than your
subscription (archive)
- Unless the archive is publicly available on a website nothing may be
'googled'

Forums:

- Can easily be read by everyone who is interested
- You have to 'discipline' yourself to read the forum regularly
- Current postings may be 'googled'
- Have a tree structure concerning a specific subject

Note: I don't say what are pros and cons!

Uwe