Need to do something

Michael van der Gulik squeakml at gulik.co.nz
Mon Oct 10 19:00:14 UTC 2005

stéphane ducasse wrote:
> We are trying the debug a process to harvest and build the image and  at
> the same
> time harvest changes and this is TEDIOUS because we do not have the
> time to
> learn and fix if necessary MC to improve the process. Avi is also
> really busy and
> using MC is really slow (when you load and reload squeak even on my
> fast machine).

I've been playing with 3.9, loading your Morphic changes.

Morphic-stephaneducasse.51.mcz (from Monticello) is 927Kb!!!! That's
huge! Uncompressed, that's 1.8 meg of code.

May I perhaps recommend breaking that up that package into smaller, more
  manageable packages?

> And I start to be tired, working in two places, managing two groups  of
> researchers,
> teaching, living in two countries........... So we should find a
> solution else the process
> will burn marcus too like in the past and after we are fucked up. Let
> us face it.

Something is wrong when a "hobby" open-source project burns people out.

Mikevdg.