problem with squeak

alr alr.dev at free.fr
Tue Oct 11 20:36:02 UTC 2005

Hi
I don't know if it has to do with your problem
but perhaps you can try the switch -memory: , who speeds up the image start and code loading, and avoid
memory reallocation.
for example: squeak.exe -memory: 32
for 32megs heap reserved at image start

regards
Alain
  "Sylvain Pralon" <sylvain.pralon at gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news: 434C0F9C.6070803 at gmail.com...
  hi squeakers,

  I'm a french student of Stephane Ducasse and i have a problem with squeak, so i need your help
  I encounter this problem when i work with squeak on my notebook (ASUS W2C).
  in fact, when i launch squeak everything is fast, but as soon as i do a "do it" or a "inspect it" or something like that,
  my CPU utilisation is on top during at less 10 secondes and after the correct result appears.
  i've tried squeak 3.8, 3.9a and 3.7 and the problem is the same..
  what i don't understand is that opening the soft, opening a browser or a workspace is quite quick but all the rest is very very slow

  so i need your help with that, i've you ever heard about a problem like mine...
  Stephane thinks it may be a primitive which is incompatible with my system

  My config :

    a.. CPU: Intel Pentium M 760 à 2 Ghz
    b.. Chipset: Intel 915PM
    c.. 1024 Mo de mémoire DDR 2 (2x512Mo)