Need to do something

Michael Rueger michael at impara.de
Tue Oct 11 21:55:55 UTC 2005

Chris Muller wrote:

> Stop pushing them through Mantis or any other external tool.  Instead, we write
> a program that integrates into Squeak that allows anyone to submit directly
> from the alpha image.  These submissions appear on everyones list.  Later the

NIH all over again. Things never seem to be hard to implement, but we
are having this discussion because people are running out of energy
harvesting, let alone writing yet another tool for crying out loud...

We just moved to Mantis because the other approach didn't work. People
always underestimate how much work it actually is to get something to
the level of functionality like Bugzilla or Mantis.

If you want to integrate submissions into Squeak hook up to the Mantis
web service (supposed to be in the newest version) or craft a nifty pice
of Squeak magic that fills out the forms automatically.

Apologies if this sounds too aggressive, not meant that way, just wnat
to very firmly express my opinion about this, backed up with 22 years of
Smalltalk experience.

Michael