Need to do something

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 16:28:49 UTC 2005

I was attempting to stimulate discussion of Stef's concern from a social angle,
not so much a technical one.

To repeat the question:  Is there a solution that can direct the energy we have
in abundance (people creating things and "improving" existing things) toward
the tasks that currently consume a the energy of a select few (harvesting these
creations and improvements) in a way that gives us everything we have now
(community discussion, review, testing, etc.).

My lame, hypothetical implementation dream that followed was meant only to
provide an illustrative context for this different social approach than what we
have now; i.e., distributed harvestation vs. centralized and what are the
implications?

Stef asked for ideas to make a "self-supporting" process.  Please forgive for a
moment that it will be hard to get there.  I am still just trying to clarify
where "there" is and hoping to learn something from you guys in the process..

Regards,
  Chris