Is it time for a Squeak-Announce list?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Oct 12 20:06:15 UTC 2005

I'm thinking it's time to create a moderated Squeak-Announce list.   I
think now is the time because of Giovanni's Squeak Weekly.  In the past
although there were a few announcements that could have gone to a
seperate list, those alone would not have told you much about the status
of the communit.  On the other hand if someone with a tangential
interest in the community that doesn't want to try to track Squeak-Dev
were to receive the occasional announcement AND the Squeak Weekly I
think they could have some hope of keeping abreast of things.  My
thought here is that this would be of interest to people outside of the
community like magazine editors and the like.  I would be happy to setup
this list and moderate it if no one has any objections.  Subscription
would be open to anyone and everyone of course.

Ken