Need to do something

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Oct 12 21:34:35 UTC 2005

Hi Ken,

Oops, you are right, I missed that in the last paragraph. So let me
emphasize that I think it'll only work if you put actual trust in the
maintainer. Having the maintainers as the guys who do the work but then
get second-guessed at each step by a harvester is unlikely to work - it
has too much of a feel of distrust to it. And I doubt that the harvester
will be qualified to review that work to begin with - if he would, he'd
be on the team itself, right?

The same about your initial oversight - you are sending the wrong
message. You are saying you do *not* trust whoever is signing up for the
work, and that means nobody will sign up. And if you want to influence
how development goes, then why don't you sign up for the package? Seems
to me that there is really no reason to "pull rank" by default.

Cheers,
   - Andreas