Need to do something

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Oct 13 10:28:23 UTC 2005

Am 13.10.2005 um 01:06 schrieb Andreas Raab:

>> ***I basically agree with you about giving responsibility*** but
>> we  asked ***endlessly*** that someone take responsibility of Etoy
>> fixes,
>> Morphic fixes or improvement, Balloon and nothing happened.
>>

> Look at what you asked for: You asked for all of the trouble and
> none of the reward. In other words, if I were to sign up for that
> job in Balloon, I get to do the work, and you (or whoever is at the
> helm) gets to do the say. No deal, as far as I am concerned. That's
> not responsibility, that's slave labour.

No. Why would that be? I am personally no "ego-coder", so I have a
hard time to understand some reactions of those who are. But even
with that: The maintainer of eToy of course
gets the fame for that.

The whole "Squeak maintaining/harvesting" thing was from my side
*never* intended to be my personal ego thing...

>> " Oh yes, there has been *talk* about "how easy it would
>> be" (hah!)  but nothing has been done (and I put this finger
>> squarely at whatever  group feels itself at the helm today: all
>> these groups failed  *miserably* in this regard)."
>> This is clear that the modularisation effort has not been working
>> fast.
>>

> That is the understatement of the century ;-)

But we should keep in mind that thise changesets that were made to
make the system modular were ignored.

         Marcus