updates vs. images -- limiting squeak to code

Josh Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Thu Oct 13 17:25:02 UTC 2005

On Oct 13, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Cees De Groot wrote:

> Hi Josh, long time no speak :)

Hi Cees :-)

> On 10/13/05, Josh Gargus <schwa at fastmail.us> wrote:
>
>> Come on now, (I believe that) it is those Squeak users who have the
>> most non-code objects (eg: those using it as an expressive medium,
>> not a programming environment) who are least likely to be able to
>> write such code.
>>

> Apart from the (large) group of Squeaklanders, is there a substantial
> enough group of Squeak users who don't code themselves to warrant
> putting a significant load on the shoulders of a couple of volunteers?

In other words, "should we screw 'em"?  :-)

It's a good question.  I don't have a good sense of how many non-
coder, non-Squeaklanders regularly use Squeak as a medium.  Can we
get a show of hands?  I don't anymore, since I started using paper
sketchbooks.

(the Moleskine notebooks you mentioned look nice :-)

> Note that I'm *not* argumentative here, just trying to get lots of pro
> and contra arguments on the table.

That was clear.

Best,
Josh