[Newbie] MC help needed

Peace Jerome peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 00:40:39 UTC 2005

The other day I was working on a package.  Got to a
good checkpoint and saved it out as an MC package.
Then I experimented a little and saved that as the
next version. Decided I didn’t like the experiment. To
get a clean start I quit the image I was in and
started a fresh image.  Next I loaded the penultimate
version of the package. Made some changes to it in
another direction.

I expected to be able to save this version out as the
next version with the ancestry pointing back to the
version I had just loaded.  The MC browser would not
let me save these changes. At least the save button
was Grey  despite the repository being open.

To be specific I wrote out version 10 then 11. Started
a fresh image w/o any version of the package read in
10 and expected to MC to allow me to write out 12.
And it didn't seem to want to let me write out my new
changes at all.

So what is going on? How does MC want me to handle
this type of updating?

Thank you for your help -- Jerome Peace