Need to do something

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Oct 14 20:41:55 UTC 2005

Marcus Denker wrote:
> According to the theory of code ownership, this means that Alejandro  is
> the boss here. So I think the
> real problem is that Andreas just needs to be the Maintainer of a
> dedicated "Chess" package, and everthing is fine.

I used this only as an example. I don't claim any ownership of that code
precisely for the reasons I outlined.

> These packages were in the past not touched at all before a "full"
> image is build. (With the notable exeption of
> Baloon3D, were we did not get a reaction of the maintainer and thus
> added fix that cured us from
> upteen bug-reports, as the bug was triggerd by everyone just  exploring
> the image...)

Now that example actually underlines my position: In cases like this,
where there's a real bug and real time pressure, yes action needs to be
taken to correct it. Did you notice that I never said the slightest
thing against it? Even though I decided later to fix the problem in a
very different way. But that was necessary.

Cheers,
   - Andreas