Need to do something

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Oct 16 08:12:59 UTC 2005

On 13 oct. 05, at 08:56, Andreas Raab wrote:

> And to get back to my original point (because we're drifting off
> here), if you do that my code, I'll just stop caring at some point
> and give up. And I think the same is true for you, Tim. And for
> pretty much anyone else who takes pride in his or her code.
>
> Remember, my point here is about code ownership. I'm trying to make
> the point that the way in which the harvesting process works is
> broken because it actively destroys a sense of ownership which we
> need if we want people to take responsibility. The chess game is
> just an example in this regard, but a good one because it has all
> the right (e.g., wrong) things been done to it.

Hi andreas

I agree with you.
But again I think that you are doing what we call in french "Un
proces d'intention" (ie blaming us for things that we never intended
to do).

We tried to do our best to keep the image working while keeping the
contribution of people. Our goal was never to remove code ownership
and by just
ONE EMAIL this would have been solved. But with the update stream:
are you telling us that you would let everybody publish directly
there at that time.
So I find your attitude really sad for me. I have the impression that
this is fun for you to put the mess (I'm sure this is not but what a
fucking atmosphere
you are creating...) and this is something that I see often (like the
remarks on the new website which was apparently not XXX YYYY or ZZZ.
You are often shooting on stuff instead of seeing the positive aspects).

Stef