Need to do something

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 15:32:18 UTC 2005

On 10/16/05, stéphane ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> It would be good to gather the pending bugs such as problems with
> semaphore and weakArray finalization that some seasiders encountered
> and see how to fix them.

Ok, looking for info here:

weakArray finalization: didn't find anything specific in Mantis (but
then, I'm not used to Mantis so...), most recent discussion seems to
be http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-November/084328.html
where Andreas suggests to make the process less automatic. Is that
correct?

Wrt Semaphores - i'm not too sure what is meant here, but shouldn't we
move over to monitors  in most places? (mantis #1375 for example -
which could be combined with Goran's shared stream code maybe)