Need to do something

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Oct 16 16:00:58 UTC 2005

> Ok, looking for info here:
>
> weakArray finalization: didn't find anything specific in Mantis (but
> then, I'm not used to Mantis so...), most recent discussion seems to
> be http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-
> November/084328.html
> where Andreas suggests to make the process less automatic. Is that
> correct?

I do not know. I know that lukas got a lot of trouble with
finalization in the past.

> Wrt Semaphores - i'm not too sure what is meant here, but shouldn't we
> move over to monitors  in most places? (mantis #1375 for example -
> which could be combined with Goran's shared stream code maybe)

I'm totally bad with concurrency so I cannot judge but we got some
problem
with semaphore in SmallWiki and I noticed some bug fixes on mantis
related to that.

Any step towards a better support for concurrency is important. Now
I'm totally not
an expert there this is why we need one :). And if monitor are better
then why not of course.

Stef