Need to do something

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Oct 17 07:44:22 UTC 2005

Hi people!

Phew. Double phew. Ehm, can someone that has read all this please
summarize and exclude all the finer points about what happened/and what
did not happen with Chess etc? I would like to see where this all ended
up. If you did get to a conclusion that is. :)

My short sweet take on this is:

- Yes, we need package maintainer teams. Ownership is important (we are
not talking licenses here) and I will not go into the arguments.
- Yes, the Release Team (which is the more proper term IMHO instead of
"Harvesters") should mainly do *integration* and if they do "patch"
things those patches should be fed upstream (=back to package
maintainers).
- Yes, a package maintainer team has a team leader just as any team.

Ok, meeting in 10 minutes, gotta run.

regards, Göran