[ANN] Bootstrapped kernel image

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Tue Oct 18 11:20:02 UTC 2005

>On 10/18/05, Pavel Krivanek <squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz> wrote:
>

>>3) The code is often not modular.
>>

>That's being dealt with in 3.9a, for example by integrating ToolBuilder code.
>
>Yes, I think we want to go there (this has been discussed almost as
>often as licensing...), and yes, we need to do a lot of refactoring
>before we'll be there :-)

Yes, ToolBuilder is important step forward but we have to prepare kernel
for its absence (no UI at all), right?

It's much easier to remove something from image than to think out the
way how to put it safely back. This kernel image strictly removes all
references to GUI etc. But I think it's not the right way. The image has
to contain some slots for optional modules like ToolBuilder.

-- Pavel