fixing undescores

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:23:04 UTC 2005

On 10/18/05, Fournier Eric <emf at umn.edu> wrote:
> Observations on the assignment operator thread:
> The same argument holds for using the up-arrow '^' replacement for
> return. '^ foo' should be 'return foo' IMO because it reads
> unambiguously. Typing convenience can be accomplished using keyboard
> macro widgets (QuicKeys comes to mind).

The up-arrow/caret/circumflex has been around since almost the
beginning as far as I can remember.  Should we abandon 30+ years of
history just because other languages use a keyword?

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20