Cryptography Team (was RE: Need to do something)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Oct 19 16:30:13 UTC 2005

Ron,

This is great, thank you!

Where we need to start here though is in defining what you see yourself
(your team) being responsible for.  The issue is that there is no
current Cryptography PackageInfo defining the classes that would come
under that definition.  Also there is already an SM package with this
name.  The image itself contains at least a few Crypto related classes
like DigitalSignatureAlgorithm, SecureHashAlgorithm, etc.  The SM
package is distince from this and includes many other classes.

What we are really asking for here is maintainers for the code in the
image.  That doesn't necessarily mean that you can't adopt an external
package like Cryptography, but that doesn't (I don't think) come under
the 'Need to do something' category.

At any rate what I'm asking here, first of all, is simply a clear
definition from you as to what you see such a team covering?

Ken