Actually doing something!

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Oct 19 18:26:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 11:10 -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:
> goran at krampe.se wrote:
> > 1. Contact me or Ken if you want to Steward one of the current PIs in
> > 3.9a.
>
> Consider yourself contacted ;-) I'll sign up for:
>
> * Graphics
> * Balloon
> * Compression
> * FFI

Rock!  I don't think anyone would have any problem with you managing
these areas, so consider it official.

I personally vote for hosting these on
http://source.squeakfoundation.org/ because I anticipate that in time we
will add features to this site to allow easily submitting
releases/versions into the Harvesters inbox, or directly to the update
stream, or whatever is appropriate.  Also I just think it would be nice
if we had one site where anyone could expect to find the 'official'
teams/code for any given part of the image.  But this is really just my
opinion and in the end it's the decision of each Team leader and team as
to how how they host their stuff.

So would you like some mailing lists?  I think for the greatest
flexibility each of these should be a seperate team with a seperate
mailing list.  That you are the Team Leader in each case would just be
incidental and would allow, at some point down the road, for you to hand
any of them off to someone else as appropriate.  So shall we call these
by the above names (Graphics, Balloon, Compression, FFI) and having
mailing lists with matching names?

I'll go ahead and make myself the initial coordinator for each of these
teams.  If another board member is interested then I would be quite
happy to hand off.

Ken