Actually doing something! (was Re: Need to do something)

Juan Vuletich jmvsqueak at uolsinectis.com.ar
Thu Oct 20 16:28:15 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'd like to sign up for Morphic. If the other MorphicSplitters folks agree,
then our group signs up for it.

The objectives are:
- Split Morphic into several packages. Morphic, MorphicExtras, Etoys and
some others.
- Clean Morphic. Remove stuff from basic classes (especially Morph).
- Make packages unloadables without breaking the image.
- Help with Morphic support for ToolBuilder.
- Handle Etoys and other packages to people with specific interest in them.
- Maintenance, bug fixing, reviewing other collaborations, etc.

The focus will not be on "cool looks" and such. At least until some real
cleanup is done.

Part of this is already done in MorphicSplitters01.st referenced at
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2005-September/094564.html .

Stephane, something I ask before all this, is MorphicSplitters01.st to be
already loaded in the 3.9a release and in the packages in the public
repository. You know there are some problems to publish this stuff in MC,
especially in trying to keep alive instances of classes that are moved to a
different package, and you know I don't know how to fix them. Thanks.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich