[ANN] QualityControl (Was: Re: 3.9-6993 unimplemented calls)

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 10:00:26 UTC 2005

On 10/21/05, Michaël Piel <piel at ensm-douai.fr> wrote:
> Maybe I'm wrong but isn't this QualityControl a kind of Lint of the Refactoring Browser ?

I was waiting for that one. In fact, I anticipated it :-)

http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/cdegroot/diary.html?start=17

In the Kolibri version of similar code, one of the steps actually
fires up SmallLint and runs it in bugs mode. So I got the code
floating around.

However, requiring people to load RB etcetera and then get a large set
of checks they may or may not care for, plus the fact that controlling
the UI of Lint from the outside is not cleanly possible (as far as I
know), shied me away from including it.

The current tests all build on existing methods. You can check
yesterday's IRC logs to see that I built the first version in
somewhere between 30 minutes and an hour, including registration on
SqueakSource and SqueakMap, etcetera. So, in case you wondered, I'm
not about to set out on a Lint duplication course :)