Question about PackageInfo extensions

danil osipchuk danil-home at tsnet.ru
Fri Oct 21 15:36:48 UTC 2005

Hi all

Theme of adding postcript/preamble features to PackageInfo flashed
several times on the list.  I had hope that this idea sooner or later
will be adopted and started use of PackageInfo-v20 from squeaksource.
But recently I've found that in latest images these features don't work
for some reason, and I don't even have  firm  ground to complain because
of their sort of marginal status. So,- am I the only one who misses them
and should I simply look for workarounds? How do folks initialize their
packages in non-trivial cases? Or how can I *delete* some class or
method depending on loading MC package? Or how can I try to resolve
dependencies by myself by putting custom code in preamble? Lot of
questions here :) May be some help is needed? Some time ago this topic
glimpsed here and I would like to rise it again.

    regards,
       Danil