License Issues / base image cryptography

Sean Glazier sglazier at comcast.net
Fri Oct 21 16:12:34 UTC 2005

I don't think the crypto export problems exist since Cincom exports
everything we do. I checked that out before and those restrictions have been
lifted for now. But you never know what our congress will decide to do next.
These days one has to show a license for over the counter Sudafed and
possession of more than like 5 can get you 25 in club fed. So for now they
are more concerned about the drug war and the war on terror than the war on
software crypto. But like I said that could change since china is bitching
about it. At this point though since the restrictions were lifted it is like
trying to un-ring a bell that has been rung. Not that a politicians would be
stupid enough to try such a thing in the future... but for now we are safe.

Sean