[Cryptography Team] How many repositories does it take to screwina lightbulb?

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Fri Oct 21 20:06:24 UTC 2005

Hans-Martin and All,

That would be fine.  Is there a way to use Monticello and or squeak map to
download a single package from the repository?  I noticed that in the
cryptography package from squeak map when I asked it to install, it
installed everything, even though every piece was in its own package.

My thoughts were the along the line of clear separations based on need as
Rob pointed out.  If there is a way to separate packages and select single
packages from Monticello or squeak map I have no objection to consolidating
them all into Cryptography Base.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: cryptography-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
[mailto:cryptography-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org] On Behalf Of
Hans-Martin Mosner
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 3:31 PM
To: Cryptography Team Development List
Subject: Re: [Cryptography Team] How many repositories does it take to
screwina lightbulb?

Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

>Cees,
>
>Well yes there is a reason; there is a huge amount of work and code that is
>completely unnecessary for some applications.  Do I really need all the
code
>if I just want to hash a string?  Of course it's possible that I'm missing
>something about how to use Monticello.  Please let me know before we go
>along too far.

Folks,
perhaps there is some misconception about the role of projects and packages.
We surely want to separate stuff into packages (I would advocate even
more separation, for example let each encryption or digest algorithm
have its own package).
But as Cees pointed out, we don't really need to have more than one
project/repository unless there's a need for different access rights to
different parts, but I don't see that.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin