Help needed: 16 and 32 bit BMP files

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Wed Oct 26 13:11:53 UTC 2005

Hi,

I tried ImageMagick: http://www.imagemagick.org

convert -depth 16  bmptest24.bmp bmptest16.bmp
"This is the number of bits in a color sample within a pixel. The
only acceptable values are 8 or 16. Use this option to specify the
depth of raw images whose depth is unknown such as GRAY, RGB, or
CMYK, or to change the depth of any image after it has been read."

and out comes the following different but still readable bmp: