[ANN] BobsUI for 3.8

Javier Diaz-Reinoso javier_diaz_r at mac.com
Sat Oct 29 20:34:22 UTC 2005

BobsUI have an entry in SqueakMap, but that is for the old version
(previously maintained by Doug Rollwitz), I am not really comfortable
with the idea of be "the maintainer" of BobsUI, I use squeak
principally as an lenguaje to prototype projects not to deploy them,
so I really don't use "business widgets" in squeak very much.

BobsUI have interesting features:
1.- have separate runtime and development modes
2.- the repository, where the layouts of the windows (or "frames")
are stored as XML text, so is easy to transport to other images
3.- the interactive creation of the layouts
4.- the "no halo" widgets, so the user can't show accidentally the
halos, that with disable and enable a few preferences and you have an
"application".

But have some incomplete parts and bugs, but is usable anyway. In any
case if you want to post the code in squeaksource, go ahead, only be
aware is really 4 versions:
- 3.6 runtime
- 3.6 development
- 3.7/3.8 runtime