[Q] Speed comparison 2.8 vs 3.8

Eddie Cottongim cottonsqueak at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 2 05:50:33 UTC 2005

Yoshiki,

One minor problem - it seems to break balloon help. All the balloons are
empty.

The problem is somewhere in to the GrafPort displayScanner methods. I
couldn't immediately figure out how to fix it without hurting the speed.
Reverting those two methods will fix the balloons, but make editing slow
again.

Oh, and I tried your change on a slow machine, and its a noticable
improvement for text editing of any size there, not just monster paragraphs.

Thanks again,
Eddie