Live Collaboration

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Fri Sep 2 14:45:10 UTC 2005

Am 01.09.2005 um 22:22 schrieb Günther Schmidt:

> Hi,
>
> how can I connect live to another squeaker through the Internet?
>
> I just watched the Squeakers DVD today and wonder how you do that.

Get a Badge from the Object catalogue's "collaboration section".
Enter your IP Address. This is representing you.

Get a similar badge from you partner. The idea is to share batches -
you can save your badge in a file and send it per email to someone
else. Or, just fill out a second badge with the details of your partner.

Then you can click the tiny buttons to enter a text chat or an audio
chat (if you have a microphone).

You can also share your screen (see bottom of http://squeakland.org/
school/drive_a_car/html/Drivecar12.html)

I'm not sure if all this still works in the latest version (cf.
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-ev/2005-March/
001225.html)

- Bert -